Main context begins
Job Seekers : FAQ
- Is it possible to register with Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team Team from overseas?
- Unfortunately Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team is only able to offer assistance to candidates currently living in Japan and holding a visa allowing work in Japan. However, if you are eligible to work in Japan and are planning on returning to Japan in the near future, please contact our office for further information.
- Is it possible to register with Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team even though I only have limited working experience?
- Anyone over the age of 18 who is currently living in Japan and holds a visa allowing work in Japan is eligible to register with Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team. However, your current level of skills and experience may affect the type of jobs we are able to introduce you to.
- Is it possible to register with Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team even though I am not able to speak Japanese?
- Anyone over the age of 18 who is currently living in Japan and holds a visa allowing work in Japan is eligible to register with Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team. We have a variety of positions, including those which do not require any Japanese language ability. However, many of the positions on offer do require Japanese skills and it is recommended that candidates study Japanese to improve their employment prospects in Japan.
- How can I update my registration details?
- If you would like to update any of your registration details at any time, please contact our office:
- What is Tempstaff's policy regarding the safe handling of personal information?
- Tempstaff has obtained the "Privacy Mark" (Personal Information Protection Management System No. JIS Q 15001) and is striving to always remain a truly reliable firm by protecting and managing in a proper manner all personal information obtained in accordance with relevant laws, ordinances and standards concerning the protection of personal information and all the other applicable standards. The officials, employees and other personnel of Tempstaff are all determined to make strenuous efforts for even better protection of personal information through the thorough understanding of these Policies for Protection of Personal Information.
For more information about Tempstaff's policy regarding the safe handling of personal information, please see: Policies for Protection of Personal Information
- What happens after registration?
- Once you have completed the online registration form, you will enter our job matching system. When a position becomes available that matches your skills and experience you will be contacted directly by one of our coordinators with more information.
We also send regular job-updates to all registered members, keeping you informed of new positions as they become available.
Staff registered with Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team are also eligible to take part in seminars and other training courses organized by Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team and Tempstaff co., Ltd.
- Is Tempstaff able to sponsor my visa renewal application?
Tempstaff is able to offer visa renewal sponsorship to full-time staff working on a long term haken contract, or during the haken period of a Temp-to-Perm contract. For part time staff we are able to provide documentation and support on visa renewal in conjunction with other employers.
Please note on introducing candidates to "shokai" (direct hire) positions, visa sponsorship is the responsibility of the hiring company
- What type of visa do staff working at Tempstaff hold?
There are many different types of visa available and the appropriate visa depends on the type of job as well as your personal circumstances. However, the most common classification of working visa appropriate for jobs offered through Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team is "Specialist in Humanities and International Services".
* Please note that it may be necessary to change the type of visa you hold before you are able to start work depending on the nature of job. This process usually takes aprx 1 month.
Other visas which allow work in Japan and are not dependent on current employment are:
Permanent Resident, Long Term Resident, Spouse or Child of Japanese National, Working Holiday
◇Part-time (permit required)
College Student, Dependent (28hrs/wk); Pre-College Student (4 hrs/day)
* Please note that Tempstaff is unable to employ staff holding a Temporary Visitor (Tourist) visa
Types of positions available
- What type of jobs are generally available through Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team?
- Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team specializes in employment opportunities for non-Japanese nationals who would like to use their native language for work purposes. We specialize in office based work and have employment opportunities in a wide range of industries including: Translation, Proofreading, International sales and Marketing, IT, Human Resources etc
- Does Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team offer long-term as well as short-term opportunities to employees?
- Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team offers a wide range of employment options from short-term one-day assignments to long-term full-time and part-time positions. For more information about currently available positions, please visit our homepage: Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team
- When I see Temporary (Haken) positions advertised on the homepage, I often see the contract period listed as "ASAP - Long Term". What does this mean?
- For positions listed as "ASAP - Long-term" we are looking for staff who are able to start work as soon as possible (usually this means that we are able to consider candidates able to start work within 2 to 4 weeks) and are able to commit to the same position for a minimum term of one year.
- What does "Haken" mean?
- "Haken" refers to "Dispatch" contracts whereby the worker is employed by Tempstaff and then dispatched to a client company to perform specific job duties. Haken contracts can be full-time, part-time, long-term and short-term. For more information please visit our homepage: Haken System
- What does "Temp-to-Perm" mean?
- "Temp-to-Perm" contracts are for companies and staff who would like to work in long-term, full-time contracts directly for the client company. Under the Temp-to-Perm System the first 6 months is spent working under the "haken" system, at the end of which time both the client company and the Temp-to-Perm staff make a decision as to whether or not to become a direct hire employee of the company. For more information about the Temp-to-Perm system, please visit our homepage: Temp-to-Perm System
- What does "Shokai" mean?
- For positions described as "Shokai" Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team introduces candidates to jobs which match their skills and experience, and if successful, the candidate becomes a direct hire employee at the client company. For more information about "Shokai" contracts, please visit our homepage: Shokai System (Personnel Introduction)
- When jobs are advertised as requiring "Business Level" Japanese, what does this mean?
- Jobs which specifying "business level Japanese" require candidates to be able to function successfully in an all-Japanese office environment and may include: speaking and listening skills (attending meetings, answering telephones etc); reading skills (reading Japanese business documents and emails) and writing skills (writing simple business documents and emails). Jobs requiring business level Japanese may also require some Japanese => English translation skills. As a rough guide the minimum requirement for "Business Level" Japanese is JLPT 2 or equivalent qualification, however, depending on the position this requirement is often JLPT 1.
- When jobs are advertised as requiring "Native Level" English, what does this mean?
- Employers looking for "Native English Speakers" are generally looking for staff who have grown up with, and been educated in, standard English. Usually this is in order to smooth communications with overseas clients whose native language is English and generally requires an exceptional command of written as well as spoken language. For proofreading and other jobs involving editing etc, candidates should not just be native English speakers, but native English speakers with particularly high writing and grammatical skills in the target language.
- How can I apply for jobs listed on the website?
- Before applying to any positions listed please be sure that you have previously completed the online registration form.
After registration please click on the link "Click here to apply for this position" at the bottom of each posting. In the box, please be sure to list your full contact information as well as the relevant job numbers. Please use the "Outline Your Query" section to explain your interest in the position and any skills/ experience you feel are particularly relevant to the position.
- What type of companies does Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team dispatch staff to?
- Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team dispatches staff to a wide range of client companies. However, our client companies are mainly large Japanese companies that cover a wide range of industries in Japan.
Benefits and Working Conditions
- Do employees of Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team working on a "haken" contract need to enroll in the Social Insurance plan (Pension, Health and Unemployment Insurance)?
- Staff employed in full-time, long term contracts (more than 30hrs/wk for more than 2 months) are required to join the full Social Insurance plan made up of Pension, Health, and Unemployment Insurance.
Staff employed in semi-full-time long-term contracts (more than 20hrs/wk for more than 2 months) are required to join the Unemployment Insurance scheme, but not required to join the Health and Pension schemes.
Staff employed in either part-time (less than 20hrs/week) or short-term (less than 2 months) contracts are not required to join the Social Insurance plan.
- Are "haken" employees at Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team eligible for paid vacation?
- Staff employed in "haken" contracts through Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team become eligible for paid vacation after the first 6 months. The number of days available depends on the total number of days worked during the first 6 month employment period.
- Are "haken" employees required to work overtime?
- Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team offers a wide range of opportunities including those with and without required overtime. If you are concerned about possible overtime, please be sure to consult with the coordinator responsible for each position.
* Overtime carried out under Tempstaff contracts is fully paid
- How is salary paid to "haken" employees?
- Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team pays salary directly into the nominated employee bank account on the 16th and last day of each month according to the following salary schedule:
- * Work carried out between the 1st and 15th of the month
==> Paid on the last day of the same month
- * Work carried out between the 16th and 31st of the month
==> Paid on the 16th day of the following month
- * Work carried out between the 1st and 15th of the month
- Does Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team cover travel expenses?
- As a general rule travel expenses are not covered by Tempstaff Career Center. Universal Team. In some exceptional cases travel expenses are paid separately. In this case the existence of travel expenses is always noted in the job advertisement.
Tempstaff Co., Ltd. Career Center. Universal Team
16F, Tokyo Takarazuka Building 1-1-3, Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Inquiry from WEB site
Contact by phone
Weekdays: 10:00 to 18:30